Values & Ethics in Counselling and Psychotherapy
Read your book anywhere, on any device, through RedShelf's cloud based eReader.
Digital Notes and Study Tools
Built-in study tools include highlights, study guides, annotations, definitions, flashcards, and collaboration.
Have the book read to you!
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be used offline.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be printed.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be copied and pasted into external tools and documents.
Additional Book Details
This book offers an introduction to values and ethics in counselling and psychotherapy, helping you to develop the ethical awareness needed throughout the counselling process. The book covers:
- Context and emergence of ethics in counselling
- Exercises to explore personal and professional values
- Tools to develop ethical mindfulness
- Differences between therapeutic models
- Relational ethics
- Ethical dilemmas and issues
- Practice issues including confidentiality, boundaries and autonomy versus beneficence.
Using in-depth case studies of counselling students, the author demonstrates the constant relevance of values and ethics to counselling and psychotherapy, equipping trainees with the tools to successfully navigate values and ethics in their professional practice.
|Sold By||SAGE Publications|
|ISBNs||9781849206143, 9781849206143, 9781473904385, 1473904382|
|Number of Pages||264|