The Sociology of Religion
A Critical Agenda
Read your book anywhere, on any device, through RedShelf's cloud based eReader.
Digital Notes and Study Tools
Built-in study tools include highlights, study guides, annotations, definitions, flashcards, and collaboration.
Have the book read to you!
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be used offline.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be printed.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be copied and pasted into external tools and documents.
Additional Book Details
Why is religion still important? Can we be fully modern and fully religious?
In this new edition, Davie follows up her discussion of the meaning of religion in modern society and considers how best to research and understand this relationship. Exploring the rapid movements within the sociology of religion today, this revised and updated book:
• Describes the origins of the sociology of religion
• Demystifies secularization as a process and a theory
• Relates religion to modern social theory
• Unpacks the meaning of religion in relation to modernity and globalization
• Grasps the methodological challenges in the field
• Provides a comparative perspective for religions in the west
• Introduces questions of minorities and margins
• Sets out a critical agenda for debate and research
The Sociology of Religion has already proved itself as one of the most important titles within the field; this edition will ensure that it remains an indispensable resource for students and researchers alike.
|Sold By||SAGE Publications|
|ISBNs||9781849205870, 9781849205870, 1849205876, 9781849205870, 9781849205863, 9781849205863, 9781446291290, 9781446274620, 1446291294|
|Number of Pages||328|