Therapy with Children
Children′s Rights, Confidentiality and the Law
Read your book anywhere, on any device, through RedShelf's cloud based eReader.
Digital Notes and Study Tools
Built-in study tools include highlights, study guides, annotations, definitions, flashcards, and collaboration.
Have the book read to you!
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be used offline.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be printed.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be copied and pasted into external tools and documents.
Additional Book Details
Therapy with Children is a vital resource for any practitioner navigating the legal minefield of working with children and young people. Prioritising the needs of the child as the client, the authors explore the legal and professional dimensions of working therapeutically with children.
This long-awaited second edition responds to significant shifts in policy and the revised text additionally addresses:
- the importance of confidentiality in establishing a working alliance and maintaining a secure environment for therapy with children
- the conflicting pressures faced by therapists concerning issues of parental involvement and children at risk
- changes in light of the Children Act 2004, Mental Health Act 2007, and the Axon case
- changes in the organisation of child protection
- increased provision of therapeutic services for children, particularly in school settings, and the growing numbers of counsellors working with children
- the relevance of psychoanalysis in development of child-focused therapy, as well as reference to other therapeutic approaches to child therapy
- the urgent case for developing ′confidential spaces′ within therapeutic services for children and young people.
Illustrated with vivid case examples, Therapy with Children provides stimulating reading and is an excellent source of reference for all psychotherapists and counsellors working with children. The issues here will also be of direct relevance to youth workers, teachers, social workers and health professionals.
|Sold By||SAGE Publications|
|ISBNs||9781848609990, 9781848609990, 9781446246344, 1446246345|
|Number of Pages||208|