Practical Newspaper Reporting
Read your book anywhere, on any device, through RedShelf's cloud based eReader.
Digital Notes and Study Tools
Built-in study tools include highlights, study guides, annotations, definitions, flashcards, and collaboration.
Have the book read to you!
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be used offline.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be printed.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be copied and pasted into external tools and documents.
Additional Book Details
Now in its fourth edition, this classic textbook has grown up alongside the newspaper industry. Today, as ever, it provides students of newspaper journalism with a toolkit for gathering news and filling ever-increasing space with first-rate copy for print and online.
Detailed and down-to-earth, this book delivers:
• Guidance on news gathering, from government and business to sport and religion
• Guidance on news writing, drawing on over 300 examples that have appeared in print, discussing why they work or how they could have been better
• Guidance on feature writing, including profiles, comment, leading articles, obituaries and reviews
• Specific chapters on ethical reporting and the possibilities and pitfalls of investigative journalism
• A review of the new financial realities that the internet is imposing on the media.
Informed by over half a century′s professional experience and fully revised to give a nuanced account of the skills required in an online environment, this book is an essential companion for your journalism degree and beyond.
|Sold By||SAGE Publications|
|ISBNs||9781847878977, 9781847878977, 9781473903340, 1473903343|
|Number of Pages||224|