The Approved Mental Health Professional′s Guide to Mental Health Law
Read your book anywhere, on any device, through RedShelf's cloud based eReader.
Digital Notes and Study Tools
Built-in study tools include highlights, study guides, annotations, definitions, flashcards, and collaboration.
Have the book read to you!
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be used offline.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be printed.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be copied and pasted into external tools and documents.
Additional Book Details
This highly practical book brings together the elements of legislation, Code of Practice, Memorandum, Government Circulars and relevant case law, policy and AMPH regulations that trainees are required to get to grips with to pass the course and practice as a registered Mental Health Professional.
This fully-revised fifth edition is an essential guide for practising AMHPs, or those currently in training. With extensive appendices which cover Mental Health Act Assessments, Practice Directions (first tier tribunal) and the AMHP Regulations for both England and Wales. it also offers checklists, multiple choice questions and exercises to aid practice and learning, and includes:
- Updates to recent legislation, case law and policy
- The impact of the Policing and Crime Act 2017 on patient admissions and the Mental Health Act
- The implications of the 2017-18 Annual Report by the CQC and HIW looking at detained patients
- Anticipated outcomes of the Mental Capacity Act (Amendment) Act 2019
- A new appendix documenting The Mental Health Act 1983 (Places of Safety) Regulations 2017
|Sold By||SAGE Publications|
|ISBNs||9781526450289, 9781526450272, 9781526471482, 1526471485|