Your Research Project
Designing, Planning, and Getting Started
Read your book anywhere, on any device, through RedShelf's cloud based eReader.
Digital Notes and Study Tools
Built-in study tools include highlights, study guides, annotations, definitions, flashcards, and collaboration.
Have the book read to you!
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be used offline.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be printed.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be copied and pasted into external tools and documents.
Additional Book Details
With a calming, reassuring tone, Nicholas Walliman gives you the ability and confidence to plan, design, and prepare for your research project. The new edition of this bestselling book will help you:
- Explain research theory within the context of your own project
- Curate, structure, and format your literature review
- Anticipate the challenges of social media and web-based research
- Apply ‘how to’ tips quickly to your own research planning and design
- Monitor your progress in the field with checklists
- Develop writing habits to use as a springboard for dissertations, reports, and articles
- Build a foundation of practical, general research skills like time management, organization, and critical thinking to carry you beyond your project.
New to the 4th Edition:
- New step-by-step chapter on how to write a successful research proposal
- New chapter ′Writing Strategies′ offers guidelines for different assignments to help carry students beyond their research proposal
- More ‘How To’ examples of literature reviews, proposals and ethics applications
- Expanded coverage of literature review strategies - more emphasis on accessing on-line resources and use of the internet
- Enhanced checklists of issues for consideration or tasks students should undertake in order to progress their work
- More information surrounding online and social media research and implications on information sourcing, ethics, and methods
- Increased coverage of the research methods section to include more practical support and additional information on mixed-methods
- Further stresses the importance of avoiding plagiarism with an expanded section on this topic.
|ISBNs||1526441195, 9781526441201, 9781526441195, 9781526482112, 1526482118|
|Number of Pages||424|