Exploring Children's Literature
Reading for Knowledge, Understanding and Pleasure
Read your book anywhere, on any device, through RedShelf's cloud based eReader.
Digital Notes and Study Tools
Built-in study tools include highlights, study guides, annotations, definitions, flashcards, and collaboration.
Have the book read to you!
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be used offline.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be printed.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be copied and pasted into external tools and documents.
Additional Book Details
Having a good working knowledge of children's literature is vital for primary teachers; the best way to develop switched-on young readers is to ensure they get access to high-quality age-appropriate material that engages and inspires them. This book explores the rich and varied world of children's literature and how it can be used in teaching to promote reading for pleasure and create lifelong readers. This new edition has been completely updated to include:
- 5 brand new chapters covering Knowledge & skills, Classics, Illustrated fiction & graphic novels, Non-fiction, and Humour
- New expert voice features providing commentaries from educators, literary experts and authors such as Lucy Worsley
- Up to date book lists featuring recent and more diverse literature and authors
- New practical activities and case studies show casing children's books and how to use them in the classroom
- Further reading links to take students further
|Sold By||SAGE Publications|
|ISBNs||9781526439482, 9781526439475, 9781526451255, 1526451255|
|Number of Pages||424|