Boundaries, Power and Ethical Responsibility in Counselling and Psychotherapy
Read your book anywhere, on any device, through RedShelf's cloud based eReader.
Digital Notes and Study Tools
Built-in study tools include highlights, study guides, annotations, definitions, flashcards, and collaboration.
Have the book read to you!
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be used offline.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be printed.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be copied and pasted into external tools and documents.
Additional Book Details
The boundaries of the therapeutic relationship are a crucial part of effective therapy. But understanding them, and the effects of power and responsibility, can be intimidating to trainee or newly-qualified therapists. This book will take step by step through everything they need to know to work ethically and safeguard the wellbeing of both themselves and their clients.
· Contracting and the importance of negotiating and clarifying boundaries with clients
· The implications and limits of maintaining confidentiality
· Keeping clear sexual boundaries, and how to work around issues safely and appropriately
· What happens when circumstances change, and everyday or serious disruptions occur to therapy
· The nature of the therapist’s power, and how to employ it responsibly to a client’s benefit
Packed with case studies, ethical dilemmas and points for reflection and discussion, this is an essential read for trainee practitioners and qualified therapists looking to ensure safe and ethical practice.
|Sold By||SAGE Publications|
|ISBNs||9781446296660, 9781446296660, 9781446296653, 9781446296653, 9781473987777, 9781473987012, 1473987776|
|Number of Pages||184|