An Introduction to the Therapeutic Relationship in Counselling and Psychotherapy
Read your book anywhere, on any device, through RedShelf's cloud based eReader.
Digital Notes and Study Tools
Built-in study tools include highlights, study guides, annotations, definitions, flashcards, and collaboration.
Have the book read to you!
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be used offline.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be printed.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be copied and pasted into external tools and documents.
Additional Book Details
The therapeutic relationship is considered to be the most significant factor in achieving positive therapeutic change. As such, it is essential that trainee and practising therapists are able to facilitate a strong working alliance with each of their clients. This book will help them do just that, by offering a practical and evidence-based guide to all aspects of the therapeutic relationship in counselling and psychotherapy. Cross-modal in its approach, this book examines the issues impacting on the therapeutic relationship true to all models of practice.
Content covered includes:
- The history of the therapeutic relationship
- The place of the therapeutic relationship in a range of therapy settings, including IAPT
- Concepts and practical skills essential for establishing and maintaining a successful working alliance
- The application of the therapeutic relationship to a variety of professional roles in health and social care
- Practice issues including potential challenges to the therapeutic relationship, working with diversity and personal and professional development
- Research and new developments
Using examples, points for reflection and chapter aims and summaries to help consolidate learning, the authors break down the complex and often daunting topic of the therapeutic relationship, making this essential reading for trainee and practising therapists, as well as those working in a wider range of health, social care and helping relationships.
|Sold By||SAGE Publications|
|ISBNs||9781446256640, 9781473908710, 9781446256640, 9781446256633, 9781446256640, 9781446256633, 1473908701, 9781473908703|
|Number of Pages||304|