Counselling in Transcultural Settings
Priorities for a Restless World
Read your book anywhere, on any device, through RedShelf's cloud based eReader.
Digital Notes and Study Tools
Built-in study tools include highlights, study guides, annotations, definitions, flashcards, and collaboration.
Have the book read to you!
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be used offline.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be printed.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be copied and pasted into external tools and documents.
Additional Book Details
Drawing on over 40 years experience, Patricia d′Ardenne provides the reader with a unique and practical introduction to counselling and psychotherapy in a world on the move, where ethnic, linguistic, religious, economic, political and environmental differences collide and create a rich and complex setting for contemporary therapeutic practice.
Positioning counselling within the shifting contexts of the modern world, this book:
- Examines anti-discriminatory practice - its origins and development
- The complexities of working effectively with refugees, asylum seekers, vulnerable migrants, and the victims of human trafficking
- Considers the needs of the cultural traveller
- Address the intricacies of faith and spirituality
- Provides a guide to assessing language and the role of interpreters
- Addresses ethics, the law and transcultural issues in Healthcare
- Looks at the importance of supervision, personal development and self care.
Counselling in Transcultural Settings is an essential companion for counsellors and psychotherapists at all stages of professional training looking to work beyond their own culture, where the demands of therapy are as dynamic as the political and social contexts within which people seek help.
Patricia D′Ardenne is a consultant clinical and counselling psychologist.
|Sold By||SAGE Publications|
|ISBNs||9781446200674, 9781446200674, 9781446200667, 9781446200667, 9781446292068, 9781446271575, 1446292061|
|Number of Pages||208|