The Learning Mentor Manual
Read your book anywhere, on any device, through RedShelf's cloud based eReader.
Digital Notes and Study Tools
Built-in study tools include highlights, study guides, annotations, definitions, flashcards, and collaboration.
Have the book read to you!
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be used offline.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be printed.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be copied and pasted into external tools and documents.
Additional Book Details
Are you looking for ideas, advice and guidance to make you an effective Learning Mentor?
This practical book is designed to help those new to the Learning Mentor role avoid common pitfalls, and to help those with more experience to develop their skills.
Written by an expert practitioner, the book includes:
- step-by-step advice on how to be a good Learning Mentor
- guidance on working with school management teams, teachers and parents
- advice on how to provide effective student support
- case studies to illustrate best practice
- suggested strategies for monitoring and evaluating interventions
- templates to use and adapt
- substantial electronic resource materials available from the SAGE website to use with the book.
An inspiring read for all primary and secondary Learning Mentors and trainee Learning Mentors, this book is relevant to anyone involved with student support and pastoral care.
Stephanie George is a teacher and manager of the Learning Support Unit at Plashet School, East London where she is responsible for the training of learning mentors.
|Sold By||SAGE Publications|
|ISBNs||9781412947725, 9781412947732, 9781412947725, 9781446245705, 1446245705|
|Number of Pages||112|