So You Want to be a Teacher?
A Guide for Prospective Student Teachers
Read your book anywhere, on any device, through RedShelf's cloud based eReader.
Digital Notes and Study Tools
Built-in study tools include highlights, study guides, annotations, definitions, flashcards, and collaboration.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be used offline.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be printed.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be copied and pasted into external tools and documents.
Additional Book Details
If you are interested in a career in teaching but not sure where to start, this book is the perfect guide. Written for anybody considering taking an initial teacher training course, this down-to-earth book is a straightforward and very helpful manual which will take you through all the stages of choosing a course, preparing for training and completing the course itself. It is a comprehensive and supportive guide to help you decide whether teaching is the career for you, and to what you can expect in the job.
- What is a teacher?
- The good news about teaching - working with children
- Routes to qualified teacher status and how to choose the right one for you
- Help with study skills, including essay writing, organisation and record-keeping
- How to survive your teaching placements
- Developing your professionalism
- Coping with the bad news - teacher workload, bureaucracy and stress
- How to get your first job
Written in an engaging and humorous - but above all, supportive - style, the book is essential pre-course reading for prospective student teachers.
|Sold By||SAGE Publications|
|ISBNs||9781412945080, 9781412945073, 9781849205436, 1849205434|
|Number of Pages||111|