Themes and Perspectives
Read your book anywhere, on any device, through RedShelf's cloud based eReader.
Digital Notes and Study Tools
Built-in study tools include highlights, study guides, annotations, definitions, flashcards, and collaboration.
Have the book read to you!
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be used offline.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be printed.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be copied and pasted into external tools and documents.
Additional Book Details
Electronic Inspection Copy available for instructors here
What is the place of leisure in societies where people complain of ′over-work′? How do personal freedom and choice relate to the inequalities of class, gender, disability and ethnicity?
This critical introduction to the field offers a systematic account of the meaning and structure of leisure today.
• situates the student in the field
• provides a comprehensive account of the leading approaches to leisure
• explores the influence of class, race, gender, ethnicity, disability and age
• discusses to role of the sate
• examines leisure in the context of changing work relationships
• locates leisure in the debate around globalization
In short, this is an indispensable, one-stop guide to understanding leisure.
|Sold By||SAGE Publications|
|ISBNs||9781412903868, 9781412903868, 9781412903868, 9781412903851, 9781412903851, 9781446243800, 9781446202289, 144624380X|
|Number of Pages||336|