DevOps: Puppet, Docker, and Kubernetes
Read your book anywhere, on any device, through RedShelf's cloud based eReader.
Digital Notes and Study Tools
Built-in study tools include highlights, study guides, annotations, definitions, flashcards, and collaboration.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be used offline.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be printed.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be copied and pasted into external tools and documents.
Additional Book Details
Get hands-on recipes to automate and manage Linux containers with the Docker 1.6 environment and jump-start your Puppet development
About This Book
• Successfully deploy DevOps with proven solutions and recipes
• Automate your infrastructure with Puppet and combine powerful DevOps methods
• Deploy and manage highly scalable applications using Kubernetes
• streamline the way you manage your applications
Who This Book Is For
This Learning Path is for developers, system administrators, and DevOps engineers who want to use Puppet, Docker, and Kubernetes in their development, QA, or production environments. This Learning Path assumes experience with Linux administration and requires some experience with command-line usage and basic text file editing.
What You Will Learn
• Discover how to build high availability Kubernetes clusters
• Deal with inherent issues with container virtualization and container concepts
• Create services with Docker to enable the swift development and deployment of applications
• Make optimum use of Docker in a testing environment
• Create efficient manifests to streamline your deployments
• Automate Puppet master deployment using Git hooks, r10k, and PuppetDB
With so many IT management and DevOps tools on the market, both open source and commercial, it's difficult to know where to start. DevOps is incredibly powerful when implemented correctly, and here's how to get it done.This Learning Path covers three broad areas: Puppet, Docker, and Kubernetes. This Learning Path is a large resource of recipes to ease your daily DevOps tasks. We begin with recipes that help you develop a complete and expert understanding of Puppet's latest and most advanced features. Then we provide recipes that help you efficiently work with the Docker environment. Finally, we show you how to better manage containers in different scenarios in production using Kubernetes.
This course is based on these books:
• Puppet Cookbook, Third Edition
• Docker Cookbook
• Kubernetes Cookbook
Style and approach
This easy-to-follow tutorial-style guide teaches you precisely how to configure complex systems in Puppet and manage your containers using Kubernetes.
|Sold By||Packt Publishing|
|Number of Pages||925|