D3.js: Cutting-edge Data Visualization
Read your book anywhere, on any device, through RedShelf's cloud based eReader.
Digital Notes and Study Tools
Built-in study tools include highlights, study guides, annotations, definitions, flashcards, and collaboration.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be used offline.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be printed.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be copied and pasted into external tools and documents.
Additional Book Details
Turn your raw data into real knowledge by creating and deploying complex data visualizations with D3.js
About This Book
• Understand how to best represent your data by developing the right kind of visualization
• Explore the concepts of D3.js through examples that enable you to quickly create visualizations including charts, network diagrams, and maps
• Get practical examples of visualizations using real-world data sets that show you how to use D3.js to visualize and interact with information to glean its underlying meaning
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
• Gain a solid understanding of the common D3 development idioms
• Find out how to write basic D3 code for servers using Node.js
• Install and use D3.js to create HTML elements within a document
• Create and style graphical elements such as circles, ellipses, rectangles, lines, paths, and text using SVG
• Turn your data into bar and scatter charts, and add margins, axes, labels, and legends
• Use D3.js generators to perform the magic of creating complex visualizations from data
• Add interactivity to your visualizations, including tool-tips, sorting, hover-to-highlight, and grouping and dragging of visuals
• Write, test, and distribute a D3-based charting package
• Make a real-time application with Node and D3
D3 has emerged as one of the leading platforms to develop beautiful, interactive visualizations over the web. We begin the course by setting up a strong foundation, then build on this foundation as we take you through the entire world of reimagining data using interactive, animated visualizations created in D3.js.
In the first module, we cover the various features of D3.js to build a wide range of visualizations. We also focus on the entire process of representing data through visualizations. By the end of this module, you will be ready to use D3 to transform any data into a more engaging and sophisticated visualization.
In the next module, you will learn to master the creation of graphical elements from data. Using practical examples provided, you will quickly get to grips with the features of D3.js and use this learning to create your own spectacular data visualizations with D3.js.
Over the last leg of this course, you will get acquainted with how to integrate D3 with mapping libraries to provide reverse geocoding and interactive maps among many other advanced features of D3. This module culminates by showing you how to create enterprise-level dashboards to display real-time data.
This Learning Path combines some of the best that Packt has to offer in one complete, curated package. It includes content from the following Packt products:
• Learning D3.js Data Visualization, Second Edition by Andrew H. Rininsland
• D3.js By Example by Michael Heydt
• Mastering D3.js by Pablo Navarro Castillo
Style and approach
This course provides a comprehensive explanation of how to leverage the power of D3.js to create powerful and creative visualizations through step-by-step instructions in the form of modules. Each module help you skill up a level in creating meaningful visualizations.
|Sold By||Packt Publishing|
|Number of Pages||868|