Force.com Enterprise Architecture - Second Edition
Read your book anywhere, on any device, through RedShelf's cloud based eReader.
Digital Notes and Study Tools
Built-in study tools include highlights, study guides, annotations, definitions, flashcards, and collaboration.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be used offline.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be printed.
The publisher of this book allows a portion of the content to be copied and pasted into external tools and documents.
Additional Book Details
Architect and deliver packaged Force.com applications that cater to enterprise business needs
About This Book
• Explore the lightning framework, advanced application life cycle processes, and testing
• Use the Force.com platform to build truly integrated, scalable, and robustly engineered applications focused on enterprise-level customer demands
• Using the Lightning technology to deliver modern and responsive user experiences targeting multiple devices through Lightning Experience and Salesforce1 Mobile.
• Step-by-step, work on examples to get you building your own ready-to-install packaged application
Who This Book Is For
This book is for advanced Force.com developers and architects who need to understand the Salesforce platform from the perspective of enterprise-level requirements. A prior understanding of Apex and Visualforce is a must. Those familiar with other enterprise software ecosystems will also find this book ideal as they adopt Force.com.
What You Will Learn
• Package, install, test, and upgrade an application
• Define architecture-aligning data storage and functional requirements
• Develop Apex code that is easy to navigate, self-documenting, testable, robust, and organic
• Leverage your application's clientagnostic Service layer backbone to support numerous platform areas
• Get the most from hosting your application within the Lightning Experience and Salesforce1 Mobile clients
• Apply querying, indexing, and asynchronous best practices
• Leverage mocking and dependency injection in your Apex tests
• Explore tips for developing advanced applications
Companies of all sizes have seen the need for Force.com's architectural strategy focused on enabling their business objectives. Successful enterprise applications require planning, commitment, and investment in the best tools, processes, and features available.
This book will teach you how to architect and support enduring applications for enterprise clients with Salesforce by exploring how to identify architecture needs and design solutions based on industry standard patterns. There are several ways to build solutions on Force.com, and this book will guide you through a logical path and show you the steps and considerations required to build packaged solutions from start to finish. It covers all aspects, from engineering to getting your application into the hands of your customers, and ensuring that they get the best value possible from your Force.com application. You will get acquainted with extending tools such as Lightning App Builder, Process Builder, and Flow with your own application logic. In addition to building your own application API, you will learn the techniques required to leverage the latest Lightning technologies on desktop and mobile platforms.
Style and approach
The book takes a straightforward approach, taking apart the Force.com architecture for you to gain a deep understanding of how you can implement the Salesforce platform based on enterprise-level requirements.
|Sold By||Packt Publishing|
|Number of Pages||505|